Compassion

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

gobble gobble gobble ...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Or at least all 3 of you who read this haha. Yes, I know it's a little early ... Our plans are to most likely (plans are still not finalized as far as I know) have brunch with Andrew's parents - and maybe brothers? - and then dinner with my dad's side of the family. I'm supposed to be bringing dessert and I was all excited to make pumpkin pie ... and then I got to Mariano's and the first thing I see is the demo table where they're handing out samples of THEIR pumpkin/apple/blueberry/peach pie because it's on sale ... for $2.98!! I stood there for 5-7 minutes (note: this is a very long time when you have 2 kids in the cart and 1 in the bjorn) contemplating whether I should stick with my original plan of homemade pumpkin pie or make my life 10000000000X easier and just get a couple of these very affordable (and quite yummy) already-made pies. Finally, I ended up calling my mom to see what she thought haha. She said she was going to make pumpkin pie (good thing I called) but my aunt really wanted apple too ... so I got 2 apple pies. And I'm going to make this no-bake cheesecake I found online. Hopefully that'll be enough. I'm not crazy about apple pie (at least, I like pumpkin a LOT more) so I wasn't too excited about making an apple pie anyway. And now, the more I think about it, if we DO have brunch with Andrew's family, not needing to run home to make a pie will be very nice (the cheesecake can be made the night before - one of the reasons I wanted to try it). So that's going to be our day ... Andrew actually got the Friday after off (first time in 6 years!) so I'm very excited for that! He's either trying to play it cool or doesn't really care ... It'll be nice to have 4 days in a row together as a family. Hasn't happened for a while ....

One thing I started with M&L is a Thanksgiving garland. We've been making one of those paper chains out of different colored (mostly oranges, browns, dk reds, greens, and yellows) scrapbook paper that's been sitting in our "piano room"/storage area til our basement is finished. On each link, we write something we're thankful for. It's gotten pretty long! My plan is to use it to decorate our tree if/when we finally put it up (our basement needs to be finished first). I'm hoping it'll be a nice way to remember all the things we already HAVE in the season of "giving," which really for kids usually means "getting."

Okay well I need to run ... finish a few more loads of laundry, get dinner started, tidy up a bit more & get L some juice. Hope you 3 have a very happy Thanksgiving!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...