Compassion

Friday, December 17, 2010

2 Chronicles 20:12

I know it's been a while since I've blogged about a book, but the truth is, I haven't had much time to read.

Ironically, I'm in the middle of Too Busy Not to Pray and the specific chapters I'm trying to get through are all about keeping still before the Lord and making more time for peace and quiet in your day. Hmm ...

It's so hard though! Especially now, with Christmas coming soon. Everything's a rush with gifts to make & buy, cards to write & send out, M's holiday party at school to get ready for, gifts to wrap, pictures to print ... and on & on. I did get one huge Christmas project out of the way last night - a gift for Andrew's mom - so I do feel a big load lifted just from that alone. At the same time, I want to get a little more shopping done today before we go to the holiday sing-a-long at M's school. AND I have a lot to do before Sunday in terms of baking and gift-making. Thankfully my aunt and mom are taking M&L to a play! My mom's coming to pick them up at 8:30 bc it's in the city at 10:30 - so they'll be gone most of the day and I think I'll be able to get a lot more done.

Anyway, instead of a book, I thought I'd share a verse we talked about in bible study that I really liked. We're studying 1&2 Kings and it's been really great! Scattered throughout the study are passages from 1&2 Chronicles that usually give a little more detail to the situation/story. So the context of this verse is that King Jehoshaphat (king of Judah) has heard that their kingdom is about to be invaded by a large army ... He is one of the rare and few good kings who trusts God and obeys (most of) His commands (he's still not perfect). So he hears this news and says this prayer that's about 6 verses. And at the end (2 Chron. 20:12), he says "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You."

I hope I can remember this prayer when things come up that I don't know how to handle or I'm having a bad day and feel like I've reached my limit. Or even if I'm having a good day. I should always be looking to God for His guidance. If I were a better sewer, I'd make a cross-stitch plaque or something of this to hang somewhere. :)

I do not know what to do, but my eyes are on You ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...