Compassion

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mommy Monday: Shopping for Clothes at Bargain Prices


My top 2 places to shop for kids' clothes are:

1. Target clearance racks
2. Kohl's when I have the 30% off coupon

I do most of my kids' clothing shopping at these two places and through this am almost always able to stay at or below my $5/item budget mark. Right now, Target has great clearance as a lot of their spring (and summer) clothes are now 30-75% off. I went today and got M 2 pairs of jean shorts and a t-shirt dress for $4.98 each. I also found a tank for C for $1.12.

While I don't usually like Kohl's for my own wardrobe, I still shop their pretty often for kids' clothes, greeting cards, home stuff (picture frames, holiday deco, sheets, towels, etc.) and mens' khakis for A's job. Because of this, I have a Kohl's charge card which sends me 15, 20 or 30% off coupons about every month or every other month. When I get the 30% off coupon, I stock up on greeting cards and kids' clothes (often in bigger sizes that they'll grow into, letting me get more off the out-of-season clearance racks).

We are also VERY blessed to have a large (and generous) family and group of friends who, through birthdays and Christmas gifts, have provided a good supply of clothing through the years as well. We are so thankful for the many different ways (and people) through which God has provided for us over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...