Compassion

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

God's Great Provision

Today, I took L to visit her preschool before she starts next week in hopes that maybe it would help her transition a little easier when it came time to drop her off. And since M started school last week, L was pretty excited to see HER new school also.

First, let me start by saying that I/we chose this preschool because from the get-go, the teachers were exactly the right personality fit that I really thought would work well with L. They were friendly and smiley, but not overwhelming and really loud. I didn't bring her with me when I went to check it out, but I could just tell from talking to them that they weren't the type to pressure kids to talk to them, definitely would reach out, but certainly wouldn't make them feel nervous like, "oh no, they REALLY want me to talk to them so I better say something!" I also liked the fact that they use the same room for 3 and 4 year olds, so L wouldn't have to transition as much - something she's still learning to cope with (but she is definitely improving!). I absolutely loved the teachers, the room, the curriculum (laid-back but still academic) ... and it was in a church! They don't consider themselves a "Christian preschool" and don't have "religion" lessons, but they do teach the true meaning of Christmas and Easter and I noticed a few books like "God Made Us Different" etc. It was everything I really wanted. Then I looked outside and most of the playground was old and rusty ... ugh. This caused somewhat of a struggle within me because honestly, if I saw a playground like that, I don't know if I'd want to bring my kids to it just because it looked so dirty ... and certainly not to play in it multiple times/week. But EVERYTHING else about this school was just so perfect and in my heart, I still really felt like this was the answer to my prayers for wisdom and guidance in this search. So we went with it and I made a mental note to just pray for Lily's health while she was there and also felt a simultaneous peace as God assured me He would take care of her.

Fast forward to today. We walk in and L buries her face in my leg, doesn't want to talk to her teachers, but does go with one of them over to the dollhouse and sits down with her. I was actually pretty surprised by this because she got her to come with her so quickly. The other teacher went back to the office to get a pamphlet that I needed to sign and as I stand there waiting (approx. 2 minutes had passed), I hear L's voice!!! She was talking to her teacher after only just meeting her 2 minutes prior! For any of you that know L, you will know that this came as a complete SHOCK to me, but also a simultaneous huge relief, peace and joy as God showed me that this really was the right place for her. She ended up playing with her teacher for a good 30 minutes and really enjoyed herself.

Then as we were getting ready to leave, a big FedEx truck pulled up on the side of the road just outside the preschool room windows and both teachers started to get really excited. They explained that they had ordered new playground equipment and were hoping that that was what was in the truck ... Well, it was. God is AWESOME. I am so undeserving but SO SO very grateful. This reminds me of a verse that just seems too perfect for this story not to post. :)

And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, He will certainly care for you. Matthew 6:28-30 (NLT)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...