Compassion

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear


Keeping up with the Halloween theme, I bring you The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood! This year, C is going to be a strawberry for Halloween and this is by far the best (if not, only) strawberry book I've read. It's so cute! Your children will love the illustrations and will soon be able to read along with you as mine do. There aren't too many words on a page and the pictures are so vibrant and animated, that it easily keeps the wandering attentions of my 2 year old very well. As a former teacher, I could totally see using this story for predicting activities, talking about adjectives, opposites, size ... the list goes on. It's great even just as a fun read aloud for pure enjoyment's sake. I am sure it will have your little one laughing in no time and it's one book I really don't mind reading time and time again.

Overall rating: LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...