Compassion

Saturday, February 5, 2011

22 Days, 8 hours, 13 minutes


until ... the Oscars!

This year, I've made much more of a point to try to actually see the nominated movies before the actual awards show so that I care about something more than just the fashion as I watch.


And the nominees are ...

for Best Picture:
The Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception*
The Kids are All Right*
The King's Speech
The Social Network
127 Hours
Toy Story 3*
True Grit
Winter's Bone

for Best Animated Feature Film:
Toy Story 3*
How to Train Your Dragon*
The Illusionist

*watched

Nominated movies are almost all the same for best/supporting actor and actress except for the addition of Blue Valentine, which I kind of do want to see just because it has Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams.

I added animated movies because we've been having more family movie nights and happened to see 2/3 of the nominees, so I figured might as well and try and watch the 3rd! I requested it at the library and am next in line for that one.

Just got Social Network from the library today and am waiting in line for True Grit and Winter's Bone. **I love our library! You can search for movies/books/cds online from home and request them using your library card bar code # and then when they come in, they put them aside for you, give you a call to let you know they're there and how long they'll hold it for (usually about 5 days), and you just have to go to the holding shelves, find it with your name on it and check it out! Easy, free and convenient - my 3 loves. I wish all libraries were like ours. There are many other things I love about our library that I'll have to post another time. It makes me not want to move.

Anyway, I digress. I'm hoping to see The Fighter in theaters before the awards show. That's top on my list - but I've wanted to see that one before it started getting all these nominations. The nominations just make me want to see it all the more. Then either Black Swan or The King's Speech. We'll see how many date nights we get in the next 22 days. ;)

I really have absolutely no desire to see 127 Hours so I doubt we'll see that one. I don't think Andrew wants to see it either. Something about watching someone hang there, stuck in a crevasse for 127 hours, knowing he's eventually going to have to chop off his own arm ... just not too appealing to me, surprisingly. ;)

I'll try to post quick reviews on the ones we've seen over the next few days. Let me know any recommendations you have also. Even/especially if they're not on the Oscar list! ;)

1 comment:

  1. We've seen Social Network & Black Swan. Both Oscar worthy... I want to see the Fighter & King's Speech. If the men aren't interested, I'd go with you -- or we can all go =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...