Compassion

Friday, April 15, 2011

natural and organic dealios


I just read this post by MoneySavingMom that gives links to a bunch of organic and natural coupons, so go check it out if you're interested!

I also wanted to post that on a recent trip to Costco, I found that they now sell organic Braeburn apples - 5.5 lbs for $4.99! This is an amazing deal. The cheapest I've found previous to this was at Trader Joe's - a 2 lb bag for $2.49. We've already gone through almost a whole case. The apples are a nice size - bigger than Trader Joe's, but not as flavorful. Juicy and crisp, but a little bland. That may be the qualities of a Braeburn apple though. I'm not too familiar with them. Still definitely edible and I'm happy to have found them! Especially since apples are on the dirty dozen list, I rarely - if ever - buy them non-organic. AND with L's recent discovery that she loves apples and C now eating applesauce, I have plenty of opportunities to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...