Compassion

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Food for Thought


After a long hiatus, A bought us a new tub of Nutella (something I always forget to re-stock) amidst his Mother's Day meal planning. :)

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but we have 2 daughters who will no doubt, grow up to be chocoholics. :) So, I wanted them to try it because I knew they would love it. M has had it before, but it was too long ago for her to remember ... and both of them were VERY against the idea. They love chocolate, but chocolate spread?? No way, Jose. No matter how much I encouraged them ...

Til this morning! I was spreading some on an english muffin for myself and M came over and said "Okayyyyy, I'll try some ..." as if I were twisting her arm haha. She took a little dab from my finger, her eyes got as big as saucers and she gave me a huge grin followed by an "MMMMMMMMM!!!!!" Then, of course, L wanted some and also of course, she too loved it. I couldn't help but to say, "See??? I KNEW you'd like it!"

On my way home from CBS this afternoon, I was thinking about it more, and God showed me that I am often the same way with Him. While He is the perfect Father and (thankfully) doesn't scream "SEE???" at me, He certainly has had many good reasons to feel the same towards me in my constant struggle to stop my worrying and surrender to HIS sovereignty, HIS provision, HIS plan, HIS love.

"Will you just TRUST Me?"

Only by Your grace - little by little, step by step. Thank you Lord for your boundless love and endless patience with my oh-so-imperfect heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...