Compassion

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Whaddya-think "Wednesday"


Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken

I just made this last night for dinner. I love finding slow cooker recipes because on days when A gets home later from work (6:30ish), it eases the load SO much. It's amazing how difficult taking care of them on my own for just an hour longer can be at the end of the day.

This recipe was ... okay. So why am I posting it? Haha. Well, because I think it could be a lot better if the cooking time was a little shorter - say 2 1/2 hours instead of 3 on high. The chicken was just a little dry. I also think I'll add a little more lemon next time. I did double the ingredients for the sauce - and there was enough - but considering I used the juice of a whole lemon as opposed to 6 Tbs, it just wasn't nearly as lemony as I was expecting. Maybe 2 lemons next time. The flavor was still good, I was just expecting a little more sour.

So - 2 1/2 hours instead of 3, double sauce ingredients and 2 lemons. I'll try to remember to make it again in a few weeks and see if this improves it at all.

I also burned the cord to our slow cooker in the process of searing the chicken - boo! I didn't realize it was right next to the burner and it never smelled! I only noticed when I went to plug the thing in. So it was a little scary still using it ... but fortunately I didn't have anywhere to go and we keep the kitchen fire extinguisher just a few feet away. A thinks he can fix it - I thought we'd just have to get a new one. It still works, but yeah. Scary. Definitely not worth burning our house/kitchen down! So hurray for handy husbands! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...