Compassion

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dogs and cats and bears ... oh my!

Admittedly, I have not done any real cleaning (other than maintenance) of our home this week. Originally, I was going to try to clean the girls' room, but just didn't have the motivation (and was having more fun getting some early xmas shopping done) so I decided on the kitchen counter, but only got 1/2 of it cleaned. Ah well. The main issue in their room is the abundance of stuffed animals and dress-up items (princess dresses, crowns, wands, misc jewelry, etc. etc.) So I did research different stuffed animal storage methods and found a few good ones. (Dress-up organization to come later. Maybe Barbie stuff too. :)

First, the Zoo.

Pros: sorta cute, easy to use, fun, holds a LOT of stuffed animals

Cons: PRICE ($150), doesn't seem suitable for small places - more like a main piece of furniture

Second, the Tree.

Pros: cute! (IMO), doesn't take up a lot of space, much more reasonable price (~$30)

Cons: stores a limited number of stuffed animals - I don't think if it would hold all of theirs ... unless I got one for each of them.

So, what am I going to pick?

Well, due to Christmas and our $$ constraints during this time of year, I think I'm just going to get a popup hamper and throw all of them in there. Boring, I know, but it'll do for now. Maybe further down the road, I'll get them each a tree. I did consider getting them each one for Christmas ... kill two birds with one stone? :) Part of me feels mean doing that though too. "What is this?" "Well, you know how you asked Santa for a doll? He saw your room and decided you had enough dolls and needed this instead. Isn't it great?? What a thoughtful Santa ..." :)

I'm going to try to get their room cleaned this week ... or just the other half of our kitchen counter. :) We'll see what this week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...