Compassion

Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!


We watched part of a PBS Memorial Day special service/ceremony/program for veterans last night on WTTW. It had a lot of stories from all different types of people affected by war - wounded veterans, families of soldiers who were killed, veterans suffering brain damage or amputations or both - it was quite a spectrum, and mostly very sad. But it made me think ... about how I certainly don't do enough to show my appreciation for those who make my freedom possible. As my uncle once prayed, "Thank You for our freedom that isn't free." That stuck with me then and has sort of just built on to my feelings from hearing these stories. So I'm trying to come up with something that either I, or my girls and I, or our whole family?, can do on Memorial Day to show our appreciation for these soldiers. If any of you have any ideas, I'd appreciate them! Especially if you know of any websites or organizations ... Preferably something more than sticking a box outside for Vietnam Vets, if you know what I'm saying. :)

Happy Memorial Day! And a big, heartfelt thank you to all of the soldiers and their families who have served and protected our country for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...