Compassion

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quest to Clean Update

I've been meaning to post an update for a few days now ... because I did get the paperwork cleaned out and somewhat organized. Though, as I speak, there is a pile sitting on our kitchen counter waiting for me. =P I blame Halloween.

I got a couple of trays - one has 3 shelves (one for me, M and L, which will obv have to change one day) and another separate tray for scrap paper/comp paper. I save paper that is only printed on one side for M to use as scrap paper for math homework or for me to print coupons, or other not-so-important things on.

My only problem is that I need to go through this main tray weekly. As you can see from the pic, a week's worth of papers accumulates rather quickly (this was taken this past Friday) and because I haven't gone through it yet, I am now accumulating on the kitchen counter. And living room chair. And dining room table. AGH.

I am hoping to be able to stay on top of this on a weekly basis. In my defense, Halloween did make it hard to find time ... but I also just hate going through so much paperwork week after week, day after day ... In the end, I'm realizing this is just something I'm going to have to deal with and hate, but do anyway. A system can only do so much.

I forgot to take before pics, so you'll just have to use your imagination on this one.

Before: piles of papers, a random basket full of (clean) bibs, a stack of picture frames yet to be hung and piles of papers all around the house, namely on the kitchen counter, dining room table, other table and living room chair.

After:


This Week's Goal: organize and clean all of their craft supplies, etc. etc. Yikes! It's already Wednesday ... better get crackin'. This time, I will have a before pic (just took one).

L: What are you taking a picture of?
me: the mess
L: [giggling] Why are you taking a picture of a mess?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...