Compassion

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

the help

It took me a few months to read, but this book is SO SO SO good. Don't let my general lack of time/energy to read a 522 page book fool you.

I've never been to Mississippi, but now I'm pretty sure I lived there for a summer. The characters are vivid and the plot is moving and intriguing with every page. It's 522 pages, but feels like 250.

My only complaint is that this is fiction so I can't go online to find out exactly what happened to Aibileen, Minny and Skeeter 5-10 years after the book ends. (For me) a really good book is one where I have to keep reminding myself, "these people aren't real!!" (see Time Traveler's Wife) But oh, I still love them so ...

Overall: I laughed, I cried, I can't wait to see the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...