Compassion

Monday, April 30, 2012

My Favorite Organizational Tools

Today I bring you ... two of my all-time favorite organizational tools!  Am I the only one excited by these things?

This first gem I found randomly at Target and love.  It saves me so much space on my bulletin board/fridge.  The top bar is a big magnet that holds three clear pockets in flip-through fashion.  I use it to hold our meal plan for the month, M's school calendar, M's lunch calendar, L's school calendar and the library calendar.  As you can probably tell, this would take up a lot more room if they were individual pieces of paper tacked to my bulletin board (which they once were).  I now have so much more space! 


This second idea I found on Pinterest, but it was posted off of something Martha Stewart-related (the picture isn't linking to the original site for me anymore, so I can't post it).  I altered it a little, or really, just use them the way they were intended according to the picture on The Container Store website, with the dividers positioned vertically rather than horizontally. The weight of the pans caused the whole thing to lean a lot.  I can't imagine they didn't screw the dividers pictured on the right into the side of the cabinet.  Before these $5 dividers, I was unstacking and restacking all of my pots, pans and lids every time I cooked.  It was a nuisance that I could live with but am more than happy to be rid of now.

I'm always looking for new and better ways to organize our home, so if you have any tips of your own, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...